Raw decoration, nature with no filters lifestyle
It is in this style where raw wooden elements are combined with more modern sober furniture. This aesthetic trend brings together rough and cracked textures with wooden beams, shelves, stools, side tables and metallic pieces.
As well as the Raw Food trend enhancing raw food consumption and cooking food below 40 degrees, Raw style champions the use of “raw, rough or primitive” materials in interior design.
This decorative trend creates warm atmospheres through raw wood and contrary pieces which strengthen the beauty of imperfection. In this way, the spaces included in this trend are defined by their versatility, as well as their eco-friendly spirit, since the elements with a handcrafted look are brought together in the most modern atmospheres without any contrasts at all.
“Raw Food enhances both raw food consumption and cooking food below 40 degrees”
We are dealing with a style which brings the Raw pieces together with other aesthetic trends such as the rustic, Nordic or industrial. In this way, the
least polished elements go well together with: wooden beams and stools, natural fibres, rugs, lamps, shelves, pictures, headboards and dining tables.
An ode to secluded life
In these types of spaces, white, cream and beige tones are combined with the most rustic furniture. Raw wood or the roughest textures strengthen the nature of the elements to a great extent, as well as championing a slow life. It is an ode to the timeless decor which wants to remain before prevailing, turning calmness into the core idea.
The key to achieving a balanced atmosphere is choosing two or three Raw-styled pieces and to have them combined with some contemporary furniture. In this way, all the elements will be connected, creating a relaxing atmosphere for the user. A philosophy which goes well with the Aristotelian lessons: turning the middle ground into a virtue.
Ideas for having your house decorated in a Raw style:
- Include natural wood elements with neither filters nor specific treatment. The objective is that the pieces shine as pure as possible, enhancing their rough imperfect texture.
- Have textiles and modern-styled furniture combined with the rawest wood. In this way, the warmth and quality of the spaces will be strengthened.
- In order to achieve a balance between areas and not have a uniform decor, the Raw pieces must be included in other decorative styles, such as Nordic or rustic.
- Natural colours, namely: beige, white and cream; must stand out when compared to industrial colours.
- The combination of textiles with wooden beams or recycled furniture will give the different parts of the home a real vintage touch. A mirror from the 40s can be combined with a wooden side table or a stool, which achieves in providing perfect comfort for the user.
The key to achieving a balanced atmosphere is choosing two or three Raw-styled pieces and to have them combined with some modern furniture.
Shade variation calmness
Raw style means serenity for the space through nude colours. This colour range is inspired by nature and this makes it possible for wooden stools, dining tables and headboards in natural wood to combine perfectly with not only linen or cotton textiles, but also with metallic, ceramic and glass elements.
Interior design for the five senses to enjoy.